Monday, March 7, 2011

Spinal Research Handicap Chase Tuesday

Formerly the William Hill I've had some good success here down the years as there are some quite strong patterns which seem to repeat more often than not. It is very hard to carry a big weight here so I'll be concentrating on those rated 143 and below. The two I like at the moment are Pearlysteps and Reve de Sivola. Pearlysteps represents Henry Daly who has previous in this race and in the festival handicap chases generally. This horse was third to The Giant Bolster at Cheltenham last time out despite collecting most of the Prestbury Park fences and bringing them with him. That was over 2m5f, but this trip should allow him more time to get into a jumping rhythm and he's a strong stayer. I have no idea if he runs but if he does the 33/1 available with a run as I type will be far too big. Reve De Sivola is more obvious- he was second to Peddler's Cross at the Festival last year and has several nice bits of course form over fences since. I can forgive him a poor display last time as he just didn't take to the Sandown fences and if you can get any 16/1 with a run he's worth a bet. 10/3/11 Pearlysteps goes for the 4 mile chase, poor decision I think as that looks a very hot contest off levels- would have had a much better chance in this. Looking at the entries again at the 6 day stage I was surprised to see Ogee left in. He ran in the Grmthorpe Chase last weekend for which he was well fancied given his good record fresh but performed like a horse who needed that first run. He was a good third in this race last year and has previous form running well when brought back to the track quickly (it will be 10 days). I've backed him each way at 20/1 with my refunded Pearlysteps money. Reve de Sivola 3rd 9/1, Pearlysteps/Ogee NR, money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment