Thursday, March 10, 2011

RSA Chase Wednesday

Time For Rupert or time for a shock? The favourite boasts quality hurdles and track form and is an excellent jumper, but at 5/2 I have to be against him. I thought it was surprising that his price didn't budge after he had to miss his January target with a bad scope- a significant negative in my book. Two runs over fences has historically not been enough for the hurly-burly of this race and if there's any chink in his fitness he won't get home. This is a race I usually play on the day looking for 2 or 3 to back at big prices each way but I have had one bet already in Magnanimity each way at 20/1. He beat Jessie's Dream at Leopardstown by basically outjumping and outstaying him yet trades at 2 1/2 times the price. He's just the sort of dour staying type that often runs well here and his astute trainer excels with staying chasers. 16/3/11 I am adding Boston's Angel each way this morning at 14/1. Faster ground is no problem here and I love Jessie Harrington 's staying chasers. 4th 16/1, Won 16/1

No comments:

Post a Comment