Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pertemps Final Thursday

I went early on this race backing three horses before shop closing time tonight. The first is a big price but after Henry De Bromhead's last two days I wouldn't want to be laying too much 33/1 each way about his Quieros Bleu. He ran in the Leopardstown qualifier staying on steadily from the back then had a sighter for this over an inadequate 2 miles at Naas. He will much prefer the good ground here and has a definite chance. I had Rivage D'Or down as a bit of a rogue until he won decisively at Naas the last day and I've lost count of the number of similar nearly horses who improve massively after a confidence-boosting win. I took 12/1 tonight with Hills. Finally David Pipe's plot horse Chartreux can only get shorter and is worth backing at tonight's 7/1. 5th 33/1, unpl 10/1, unpl 6/1.

No comments:

Post a Comment