Thursday, March 10, 2011

Neptune Novice Hurdle Wednesday

This is written with regret, as it will look like more aftertiming, but I'm all over So Young for this like a bad suit having put him up on the Betfair thread after his Punchestown win at 12/1. I went in again at 8/1 and it's no surprise to me that he now disputes favouritism. Two things about that win really grabbed me- his jumping, which was superb (if you watch the replay look how clever he is when meeting the second last on a short stride) and the way he instantly quickened when Paul Townend gave him the office at the last. I know he was beating trees but if this isn't a serious horse I'll be disappointed- he could be the next Mikael d'Haguenet. I'm not plannning to get further invloved until the day here but will update if I do. 3rd 2/1.

No comments:

Post a Comment