Thursday, March 10, 2011

David Nicholson Mares Hurdle Tuesday

I put up Sparky May at 12/1 after her win at Ascot on the Betfair thread (well worth logging into every few days- 150 points profit last Flat season, 90 so far this Jumps). She's been steadily backed since as it becomes evident that this race lacks any real strength in depth. Personally I wouldn't be playing now at 9/2 but she does look the most likely danger to the favourite Quevega who is going for 3 in a row here. The most impressive thing about her Ascot win over 3 miles was that she didn't settle at all yet still found plenty up the straight. A faster pace at this trip should be right up her street. I put up a lumpy lay of Quevega at evens on Betfair last night which was taken. I can't see her starting that short once the on course bookies get stuck into her on the day- she's a favourite they have to take on having not been seen in public since last season. I expect to be able to get at least 6/4 at some stage. 14/3/11 My Twiston mole tells me that l'Accordioniste is by far the best of theirs and that her last run can be ignored as she was a sick horse. I have added a bit each way at Paddy Power's 10/1 today. Sparky May 2nd 4/1, l'Accordioniste unpl 8/1.

No comments:

Post a Comment